Tuesday, March 22, 2011

lazy day

I should be making jewelry as this is mt last day off for awhile. Instead, I am making dolls. I started a recycled art show in Farimington MN almost 10 years ago. I really did it for purely selfish reasons. I was working for Farmington Clean and Beautiful at the time and we had yearly awards. They were boring and even the winning recipients did not want to attend the awards event. I was working in mostly recycled materials at the time, so I came up with the idea of having the awards coordinate with a recycled art show. It was a huge success. since then the show has moved to several different locations. it has been at the Feet of Clay for the last few years. II have made recycled jewelry over the last several years and I am out of ideas!! This year I wanted to do something different. My mother gave me a sewing machine several years ago that I had not used. I got it out on Monday and began to make dolls out of old clothing.

Now my house is littered with clothing, thread, scraps and stuffing. I woke up today with the intentions of getting my house clean and making jewelry. I have had 2 naps and watched 2 re runs of sunny in philly! now the day is almost over and I have nothing done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog