Tuesday, November 15, 2011

new work

I won a box of industrial chic goodies from a drawing from  Ice Resin. I received the box last week.  I have purchased these findings in the past.  They are sold only at Michaels.  Industrial chic is a line of findings and charms created by Susan Lenart Kazmer.  When I found out she had a line of products I drove 4 hours to the closet Michaels.  I bought everything in the store and drove back the 4 hours!!!  As a rule I do not use other peoples work in my jewelry.  When I first started making jewelry I purchased a ton of clasps, charms and handmade lampwork beads.  I still use them but I am finding I'm using them less and less.  I sell each piece I incorporate an Industrial chic piece into.  The pieces are well made and very reasonably priced.  I am so excited to have a bunch of goodies to work with.  Thanks Ice Resin.com


 The No 5 tag is from Industrial Chic
 Close up of rough Garnet and Citrine
 I used Garnet, Citrine and a very dark apatite. I love this color combination
 I used a small tree branch for the toggle.
 Close up of the clasp
 I made the sterling circle with "hope" stamped on both sides.  I used a bronze birds nest and a small Bronze bird that I purchased from one of the vendors in Tucson.  I cant remember who the vendor was but they had TONS of pieces made from vintage molds. I used tea stained muslin and a beautiful ribbon in a garnet color but it changes to a gold/yellow in certain light.  perfect match to the garnet and citrine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog