Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I havent even mentioned

With the trip to France, getting back to work and being sick...I totally forgot to mention the BIGGEST news. My Mr Carrot doll was published in Art doll quarterly!!! It was so exciting to see him in print. They did a call for story book charters. I made several attempts to make a Christopher Robin doll with no success. I was reading Shell silverstein book to Olive and found his pen sketches so intriguing. I choose a funny poem about carrots and ran with it.
I made a simple rag doll in the shape of a carrot with the poem on his chest. I think he turned out pretty cute!
Not great pictures. I painted him and added detail but was so excited to get him packed up. I forgot to tack a picture. So to see the final doll, I guess you will need to check out ARQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog