Sunday, February 12, 2012

rust

This year in Tucson, I bought lots of Bronze pieces and parts. Historically, Ive been a sterling silver girl.  I have only used silver, gold or found objects in my work, but due to the skyrocketing price of silver, I have had to rethink some of my designs.  I will continue to use sterling silver, because I love it, but I need an alternative.  
So I have spent part of the day trying to patina some of the Bronze pieces I picked up in Tucson.  I'm pretty happy with the way they are turning out.  



I used Jax Green as a patina.  I think some of the pieces are finished, but some need more work.  Im going to try ammonia next.  It gives the brass a really cool blue color.  We will see what happens.  Now I need to make some jewelry with all this stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog