Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ice Resin Creative Team Application

I have submitted an application to Susan Lenart Kazmer's Ice Resin creative team.  They are looking for new desingers for the up comming year.   You can find the link at http://www.iceresin.com/2011/09/09/creative-team-application/.  I need to submit photos and there in lies the problem.  I have not been very good in the past with photographing my work.  I made my light box and have been photographing all new work.  I have made some great stuff  with Ice Resin in the past but I dont have any good photos.  My all time favorite Ice Resin piece is a "boobies" necklace I made to donate to the breastfeeding coalition.  Ice resin cures really nice in a mold.  I cut up a barbie and poured ice resin in the chest.  I ended up with some heart shaped boobies.  I then bezel set it in sterling silver.  It was a hit at the auction and sold quickly.  I am working on another one to submit with my application. 
If you haven't used Ice resin..do yourself a favor and get some.  It has so many applications.  You can use it with every media.  I used it on some paintings I did recently just to get a glossy finish.



 These pix were taken "pre" light box.  It is hard to tell what is going on but the Ice Resin gave them a really nice shine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog