Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Susan Lenart kazmer necklace

My beautiful Susan lenart Kazmer necklace.  I bought this necklace because it just felt like me.  I have LOTS of jewelry, but this is my favorite.  Susan said she wore it a lot when she was going threw a transition in he life.  As I have said before, 2012 is going to be my year of transition.  I feel like I am at a good place in my life.  I have a job I enjoy as a Home Health/Hospice nurse.  I have a home, a car, a man and kids.  The only thing I feel is lacking, is my creative growth.  I have always created art...but over the last 20 years, it has bee in between  raising kids, going to college and working.  I feel like I finally have time to just create. Over the last several years I have only made art for a purpose.  I am either creating for a show, fundraiser or for a gallery.  I always have a deadline. I want to spend some time creating just for the sake of creating.  I want to push myself this year.  I am going to focus on jewelry design, while incorporating the mixed media/found object stuff I love. 
I am trying to get out of my comfort zone.  I work at my Co Op Gallery  several times a month.  Customers come in and look at my work.  Some will come in and ask if we carry "sweet pea jewelry"  some will state they "collect" sweet pea jewelry and I wont tell them that I am the designer.  I usualy smile and say "yea, its nice jewelry"  (Im not a great saleswoman for my own art!)  I am trying to change that. I am trying to meet other artists, apply to call to artist, post on  ETSY  ,submit to new gallery's  ect.  I have work in seveal gallerys but only because they have approached me.  If it was left to me...I wound end up on A&E  hoarders with a house full of  art and jewelry that Ive made  because it would never get sold.

This necklace FORCES me out of my confort zone.  I cant avoid having a conversation with a stranger when I wear it.  Its usualy an artist , designer or a "creative type" that approches me to ask about it. I have met some great people because of this necklace.  I have met artist willing to help me with my blog, with ETSY, and lots of other useful things.  This necklace is becoming  part of my artistic journey,  just as it was for Susan. 

The Beautiful Olive wearing "The Necklace"  I have hundreds of necklaces, but when Olive wants to be "chute" this is what she chooses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog