Tuesday, October 18, 2011

my new ROCK ring

I purchased SLK's heart necklace several months ago and have wanted a ring to wear that would rival the necklace.  

My dear son Sidney found a really cool heart shaped rock in a gravel delivery. (he is a landscaper)  He brought the rock home and gave it to me.  I have been caring it around with me for weeks trying to figure out how to turn it into a ring.  Ever time I thought about the design, I found myself singing "she loves me like a rock" by Paul Simon. ...she loves me, loves me, loves me ,loves me . Sid and I have had some trying times over the past few weeks but I will always love him like a rock!

I have an event I want to wear SLK's necklace to (well I want to wear the necklace to every event!) so I needed to get the ring done quickly if I wanted to wear it.  I had many cool designs but I wanted it done quickly so this is what I came up with.  I think I will go back and add more elements.  I may drill holes and tie on some pink sari ribbon to make it coordinate with Susans necklace. I etched the back with a floral print.  I etched the bezel with the same floral print.  I stamped "loves me like a rock" 
now blogger will not allow me to post the pix....so I will post the ring later


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog