Monday, September 16, 2013

Durango Autumn Arts Festival



I have been working like a fool (I know your saying...but Sandy, you are already a fool) I know, but can you believe it can get worse!!! My house is a wreck, my finger nails are an embarrassment to even the grimiest of mechanics and I have bags under my eyes large enough to pack for Europe! (eye on the prize)  
I was jurried into this show before the dates for my European trip was planned otherwise I don't think I would have attempted to tackle it in the midst of Emmys, Work and vacation preparation.  THAT SAID.. I have been trying to create new and beautiful pieces for this show.  I will have mostly enamel and metal work, but Ive got a few resin pieces I'm really liking right now.  



Here is some information on the show and a link to the website:
Durango Arts Center presents the 19th Annual Durango Autumn Arts Festival on Second Avenue in Historic Downtown Durango. This outdoor Fine Arts and Crafts show features 80 juried artisans from around the country, exhibiting works including painting, sculpture, glass, photography, jewelry and ceramics.
Festival Facts:
  • 80 juried artist booths
  • 6th–9th Street on Second Avenue will be closed to street traffic
  • Children’s art activities
  • Free admission
  • Free trolley on Main Street, Saturday
  • Live music on stage all weekend including the Pete Giuliani Band with Pete Giuliani as lead guitarist and vocalist, African Drumming by Akeem Ayanniyi of Agalu from Santa Fe and our local Stillwater group called Durango Drums led by Vanessa Morgan and others still TBA.
  • Chef Jocelyn Skill of Skillfully Decadent Desserts serving up out of this world pastries
  • Local brew!

September 21 & 22, 2013


If your in the neighborhood, please stop by and say hi.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog